Downtown Scottsdale offers free trolley service

The trolley is a great way to explore Old Town and surrounding areas

Tab Sylvester, A&E/Social Media Editor

For students and visitors alike, downtown Scottsdale’s free trolley service is something to get excited about.

The Downtown Trolley is a free year-round service available to tourists, shoppers, locals in the neighborhood and everyone around. The trolley runs every 15 minutes Mon. – Sun. from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. You can use this trolley service to reach Old Town, Main Street art district, Marshall Way arts district, shops on Fifth Avenue, Scottsdale Fashion Square mall, Scottsdale Stadium during Spring Training, the Scottsdale Waterfront and SouthBridge. (Route Map).

The Scottsdale Day Tripper Trolley is free and running from Dec. 26, 2014 – April 1 from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. and runs every 15 minutes. You can use this trolley to reach downtown Scottsdale, Fashion Square mall, Kierland Commons, the Scottsdale Quarter, events including the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction, Waste Management Phoenix Open, Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show and also the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. The stops on Scottsdale Road are at the city’s bus stops. (Route Map).

The Neighborhood Trolley service runs every 20 minutes, seven days a week from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. It is another free service to schools, parks, recreation, hospital and medical facilities and shopping centers like the Center Civic mall. This route also connects to the downtown trolley service as well.

The Miller Road Trolley service offers stops at Scottsdale Community College, Chapparral Park and the Camelback-Miller Plaza. The route runs every 30 minutes starting at 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. Mon.-Fri. and every 60 minutes Sat.-Sun. from 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Route Map).

Whether you’re a student at SCC or just a visitor passing through downtown, Scottsdale’s free trolley service is a fun and exciting way to enjoy the city.