Things To Do This Holiday Season

Holiday Lights at the National Zoo

Holiday Lights at the National Zoo

Holiday Lights at the National Zoo

Britney Smart, SCC Social Media Editor

As the holidays come around the corner here in Arizona the weather is beginning to cool down so take your family and friends and maybe even a coat to explore some of the end of the year events.

Starting in November the Color Vibe in Tempe is taking place on Saturday the 4th. The color run is a 3.1-mile-long run or walk where participants will pass through color stations and made into a colorful piece of art.

At the Rawhide Western Town in Chandler, Goldrush Music Festival is being held the 18th and 19th of November. The festival will host over 50 musical acts including artists and bands such as Migos, Hippie Sabotage, Keys N Krates and Lil Uzi Vert.

Also in Chandler on Saturday November 18th the tenth annual Woofstock is taking place at Tumbleweed Park from 9am to 1:30pm. Woofstock will be taking donations this year to help pets lost during Huricane Irma. The park is open for free admission and a place to bring the whole family.

On November 23, the annual Thanksgiving Day parade in Fountain Hills is occurring, the theme this year is, “Winter in the Southwest”. The parade will have an array of floats, horses, and marching bands.

Another Arizona classic is Zoolights held at the Phoenix Zoo, starting November 22nd though the 14th of January. The Zoo opens up at nights for families to enjoy the park filled with lights, food and fun activities for the kids.

At the Wild Horse Pass Raceway every weekend starting November 24th till December 24th is the Winter Wonderfest. Wonderfest is a walk through of Christmas in the desert with arts and crafts for the kids and not to mention rides, music and fun holiday cocktails for guests over 21.