Rosen headed to Miami after trade by Cardinals

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.

Jinel (Flickr)

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.

Jinel (Flickr)

Jinel (Flickr)

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.

Cynthia Tapia, Reporter

The Arizona Cardinals have decided there is no need for two quarterbacks on their roster.

After rumor reports circulated Friday that the Cards were heavy in talks with the Miami Dolphins surrounding Josh Rosen the trade was confirmed and a deal had been reached Friday afternoon.

The Cardinals agreed to trade Rosen for a second-round pick (No. 62) and a fifth-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Wide receiver Andy Isabella was selected at No. 62 as a result of the trade.

The trade comes shortly after the Cardinals drafted quarterback Kyler Murray No. 1 overall.

Rosen has been dealing with the scrutiny and the uncertainty during the offseason and broke his silence in an exclusive interview with Sports Illustrated.

“It’s annoying, but it is what it is. Football’s a business, and I definitely respect the higher-ups and their decisions,” Rosen said.

Rosen crafted a response that sent a specific message.

“I think the best advice I’ve ever gotten in life, from so many different people, is control what you can control,” Rosen said. “And whatever decisions are made, it’s my duty to prove them right if they keep me and prove them wrong if they ship me off.”

The Dolphins needed a QB after trading Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans in March and then turned around and signed Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Although there will be competition in Miami for the starting quarterback position Rosen is ready for a fresh start and  immediately took to social media to express his excitement and followed his new team on Instagram.