Local Holiday Boutique gets help from Scottsdale Community College students

Sevilay Kelek/SCC

Sevilay Kelek/SCC

Sevilay Kelek/SCC

A “Harvest Family Boutique” was held on Nov.18 at the First Baptist Church in Scottsdale.

The event showcased vendors who sold different food items, games and holiday crafts. There was a face painting booth and bounce castles for children as well as live music and a coffee house service for adults.

The goal was to provide an affordable option to the public for unique Christmas gifts and decorations and more than 100 people walked through the vendor area.

Elysha Ludwig, the chief organizer of the event was happy over the turnout.

Saddam Hussen, an international student was a volunteer representing Scottsdale Community College.

“This is my first time volunteering in an event like that and I had so much fun,” Hussen said.

Indonesian student, Reni Boediarti also from Scottsdale Community College tried her hand at her college major…marketing. She was one of the event organizers for social media promotion.

“The event was for family, for young people and for kids. We are really happy to have them today. We have everyone around here and we have so many activities going on,” Boediarti said.

“We have local brand vendors and we are happy to have them because they have a very interesting and lovely small business at Scottsdale. We are going to have this typical event very soon.”