Some New York humor

Jimmy Fallon brings laughs to the Valley

Samantha Hernandez, Reporter

As Super Bowl XLIX quickly approaches, the excitement grows. The big game will bring an enormous amount of visitors and events to the Valley. One of the most notable events this weekend will be the taping of Jimmy Fallon’s late night talk show.

On Sunday, Feb. 1, he will bring his success to Phoenix. The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon will be taped at The Orpheum Theatre 7 p.m. MST. Tickets for the show sold out in just two and a half minutes.

The New York native got his start in 1998 when he joined Saturday Night Live – a gig he earned by impersonating celebrities. A year later he became a regular of the show. His next opportunity came in the form of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, which ran from 2009 to 2014.

On Feb. 17, he became the host of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. It was an instant success with 11.3 million viewers tuned in. Many stars joined him for that premier that night, which included Tina Fey, Lady Gaga and Will Smith.

Fallon is not only comfortable in front of the camera, he also has experience in the recording studio. He released an album in 2003 titled “The Bathroom Wall” which was nominated for a Grammy for Best Spoken Comedy Album.

The live telecast’s celebrity guests Sunday night will be actors and comedians Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell.