SCC’s Artie’s Café has new food services provider

Sodexo has taken over from Chartwells to feed SCC’s student body

Foday Kromah

Sodexo workers prepare meals at Arties Cafe

Scottsdale Community College has recently made changes to campus institution Artie’s Café.

A new company is providing campus culinary services to hungry students at the school’s cafeteria. The school decided to move on from its previous food provider, Chartwells, and has agreed to a new contract with Sodexo moving forward. 

Sodexo originated in France back in 1966, but has since developed into a worldwide company. It now has over 420,000 employees and provides services to over 64 different countries. 

Sodexo provides food services to elementary schools and hospitals in addition to college campuses. They also offer food catering for large gatherings. 

As for the experience at the revamped Artie’s Café, Sodexo’s Maricopa District General Manager Debra Vines recently spoke with Northeast Valley News about what students and faculty can expect.  

“Coming into it, we have tried to make (the cafeteria) a very warm and inviting atmosphere,” Vines said. 

Vines also stated that Sodexo has provided a wide variety of menu options, including vegetarian meals, smoothie bowls, and a soup bar. And the cafeteria will continue to provide many of the previous campus favorites from the grill, such as burgers with fries and quesadillas. The grill has also recently added Philly cheesesteaks to the menu. 

“We’ve got friendly staff that are always willing to help and do whatever we need to accommodate the needs, whether that be hot meals, cold meals, to-go meals, or any dietary restrictions,” Vines explained.

Artie’s Café is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., when students can browse and enjoy breakfast, lunch, and even dinner options.